Re: Re Aluminum foil on the walls...

From: KPJ (kpj@sics.se)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 07:16:46 MDT

It appears as if <mt_2@yahoo.com> asked:

|What amount of radiation does escape?
|
|AFAIK, the chief problem with leakage comes more from
|defective seals on the edge of the door.

A radiation meter can detect the radiation from a microwave oven from
a distance of at least 4 m.(*)

I acquired a radiation meter to check my daily life environment.

Apart from such obvious sources as microwave ovens, I detected minor
radiation from various other sources, including cathode ray tubes and
mobile phones. The radiation meter went into panic mode near a mobile
phone (GSM) base station. DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER! !-|

``What's a little radiation?''
          - Waterseller in
             Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
              (aka Mad Max 3)
*) According to the USRobotics Pilot reference information, 4 m would
   equal (any) one of the following: 159.48", 4.376 yd, 13.128 ft.