Re: Extropic Flare In NY Art Scene

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 22:47:52 MDT

Anders Sandberg wrote:

> Overall, the theme of the 90s seems to have been retro. As we pass the
> millennium there is a real chance to see people start exploring new
> stuff rather than rehashing the last decades...

Anders I seem to recall a [possibly mistaken] meme that there was an
explosion of interest in long term technological projects, extropian
thought of the day, etc, right after the dawn of this millenium. There
was a general notion that time was coming to an end, but after
the odometer rolled over, people realized no, this old world is here
to stay for a while. Were not the massive cathedrals of Europe
started in the 11th century?

>Hope you are feeling better! {8-] spike

...No problem, I usually get rid of colds quickly (vitamin c, lots of
sleep and too little time to waste by being inefficient)...

Now waaaaait a minute Anders. Linus Pauling claimed that
vitamin c helped rid one of colds, but I understood that the
research was never replicated under controlled conditions,
so the whole notion was dismissed. Am I mistaken? spike