Re: Extropic Flare In NY Art Scene

From: Kathryn Aegis (k_aegis@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 00:10:53 MDT

At 04:50 PM 9/18/99 -0700, Natasha wrote:
>At 03:50 PM 9/18/99, you wrote:
>Float Draws a SF Hollywood high profile cliental. Not yuppies, but it
>wouldn't matter to me if it did.

If the decor has no effect on the clientele, to me it's just another
interior decorating job, not 'art'. My perspective is that art, in order
to have value, effects some change, however small, on the perspective of
the person viewing it or experiencing it. Otherwise, it's just background
noise.

But that's just my own opinion. On our last gallery trip to NYC, Michael
and I found ourselves spending more time looking out the *windows* of the
art galleries!

Kathryn Aegis