Re: extropian memes in business week

From: Max More (max@maxmore.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 19:38:35 MDT

At 11:08 PM 9/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Is Business Week on a roll, or what? 27 September issue, p.142, article
>on directed evolution, lotsa cool extropian stuff. Having that stodgy old
>publication present the memes makes them seem so much more
>mainstreamy. I *guess* that is a good thing. (?) spike

Hey, Spike, don't you go calling my favorite magazine "stodgy"! BW has long
been not only pro-market, but relentlessly positive in attitude about
productive uses of new technologies -- not only information technology, but
everything from genetic engineering (see cover feature a few months ago
"Field of Greens"), to machine intelligence, to biology, and
neural-computer interfaces.

If you want to get good, concise updates on technology, especially as it is
actually being applied, Business Week is a great place to go.

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
<max@maxmore.com> or <more@extropy.org>

http://www.maxmore.com