Re: Personal responsibility [was Re: Genderless societies]

From: Kathryn Aegis (k_aegis@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 21:05:52 MDT

At 03:14 PM 9/17/99 -0700, Eugene writes:
>Methinks at least in males it is exactly the other way round. Do you
>have any refs to back it up?

I think this was covered in a book written by Russ Funk, who founded Men
Against Rape. As I recall it covers the medical facts for both genders.
Unfortunately, it seems to have walked out of my bookcase, someone must
have needed it. I can't remember the title offhand.

At any rate, many doctors have testified about this at rape trials, because
it used to be a common defense that the victim either 'asked for it' or
'enjoyed it.'
A knowledge of the body's reactions under extreme duress helps the jury
sort through the testimony of both parties.

Kathryn Aegis