Re: Study: Gene Therapy Restores Cells

From: Anders Sandberg (asa@nada.kth.se)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 03:26:35 MDT

I read the article, and it looks quite nice. They demonstrate that
during aging there is a loss in subcortical parts of the brain that
send out important neuromodulators to (among other things) the memory
systems, and that by grafting neurotrophin-producing cells this
situation can apparently be improved. I'm especially interested
because the region they discuss is so important for modulation of
memory and the actions of many nootropics. However, we need to learn
more about the effects of neurotrophines before we start dousing
ourselves in them :-)

Anders Sandberg                                      Towards Ascension!
asa@nada.kth.se                            http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/
GCS/M/S/O d++ -p+ c++++ !l u+ e++ m++ s+/+ n--- h+/* f+ g+ w++ t+ r+ !y