Re: Waco: Govt Set Fire

From: Ian Goddard (Ian@Goddard.net)
Date: Sat Sep 11 1999 - 08:22:39 MDT

At 03:40 PM 9/9/99 -0700, Robert J. Bradbury wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Ian Goddard wrote:
>
>> This supports no other conclusion than
>> that mass murder was the Govt's intent.
>
>Not! It would be *highly* difficult to say the "government"
>as a big global body *intended* anything. The "intent" of
>*any* group of individuals, much less an organization such
>as a goverment is a difficult thing to determine and this
>statement screams of inflamatory rhetoric!
>
>The last time I checked, the *government* included such things
>as the congress, the president and the courts. And getting
>them to agree on things, particularly something such as
>"lets commit mass murder" seems very iffy in my opinion.

  IAN: When I say "The intent of the Govt at
  Waco was X," I assume that most people would
  understand this to mean "All agents of the
  Govt who were involved in planning operations
  at Waco." One can, in fact, find statements
  to that effect through the literature on the
  subject. There's no real ambiguity here.

  If someone said "The Govt did not plan to
  commit mass murder at Waco," it would not
  be logical to posit thus that their claim
  was "bogus" (as you suggest mine was) simply
  because they used a word with global meaning.
  So I fail to see the logic of your thinking.

  As I see it, and maybe this is dishonest
  as you imply, if the FBI releases video
  to the Davidian's defense and on it there
  are muzzle flashes of guns firing heavily
  at the Center, firing in conjunction with
  the activities of tanks and heavily as the
  fire breaks out, this means that part of
  the plan was to fire guns at the Center
  even as the fire breaks. Because guns
  kill people, it therefore follows that
  part of the plan was to kill people, a
  lot of people, which is mass murder.

  If the evidence shows Govt agents acting
  in an organized/planned fashion, firing
  guns into a building filled with people,
  I can't think of any more appropriate
  conclusion to draw than that the Govt
  acted with intent to commit mass murder.
  I'm sure that if the Davidians had so
  assembled around a building and started
  to fire heavily into it, anyone who said
  they were NOT trying to commit mass murder
  would be declared dishonest, but put Govt
  agents in their place and the very same
  conclusion would be portrayed as honest.

GODDARD'S JOURNAL: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/journal.htm