Re: Scientific Explanation Wanted

From: Anders Sandberg (asa@nada.kth.se)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 03:38:10 MDT

Spike Jones <spike66@ibm.net> writes:

> I put this question to a friend today who is an excellent cook.
> She said that if peanut brittle is insufficiently heated, the
> carmelization process would be incomplete. Perhaps a brittle
> substance could be produced that would appear almost clear.
> Looks like glass, tastes like sugar. I dont see why one could not
> make a bottle out of such a confection, and stick a beer
> label on it, for effect.

I seem to recall that this is the technique used in Hollywood just for
shattering glass effects, as when people are thrown out through
windows or people hit each other with bottles.

Anders Sandberg Towards Ascension!
asa@nada.kth.se http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/
GCS/M/S/O d++ -p+ c++++ !l u+ e++ m++ s+/+ n--- h+/* f+ g+ w++ t+ r+ !y