Re: Why Libertarianism is mistaken

From: Mike Linksvayer (ml@justintime.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 00:01:56 MDT

Spike Jones wrote:
> I was told that New Zealand was tending toward
> a libertarian and sensible government. One of my oldest
> and best friends is seriously considering moving there.
> What is the deal there, do you know? spike

I think it is safe to say that New Zealand is more free
now than it was twenty years ago and perhaps that it is
now one of the more free countries in the world. However,
there's absolutely no risk in saying that it has a very
long way to go, even from a fairly weak libertarian
perspective.

I've read a few articles on the New Zealand "revolution"
from a libertarian perspective:
  http://www.libertysoft.com/liberty/features/58bradford1.html
  http://www.libertysoft.com/liberty/features/58bradford2.html
  http://www.freeradical.co.nz/content/twilight/index.html

All I really recall about the content of these articles is
that the first two express excitement about how much progress
has been made, while the third complains that not much progress
has really been made, and that the real problem is that New
Zealanders haven't been sold on libertarian philosophy.

--
See From: and Organization: above.  Call +1 415 553 6408 for assistance.