RE: Doogie Mice

From: Brian S (ender_ctc@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 1999 - 11:45:30 MDT

--- "O'Regan, Emlyn" <Emlyn.ORegan@actew.com.au>
wrote:
> > My contention is that humankind has created an
> ecological niche which
> > not only offers no reproductive advantage to
> higher intelligence, there is
> > in fact
> > a *very large* reproductive advantage to stupidity
> and irresponsibility.
> > spike
> >
> Actually, I don't think this is correct; I was
> reading somewhere (my
> trademark accuracy again) that intelligence
> (+education?) is increasingly
> important, at least in the west, as a determinant of
> success. The world's
> getting more complicated.
>
> That's my excuse, anyhow.
> Emlyn

You are probably correct in saying that intelligence
is important to success, but what KIND of success?
Most likely economic succes is influenced by
intellignece, while stupidity [for lack of a better
term] may be more important to reproductive success.

Most successful people, at least in the west, have
fewer children than their poorer peers.

Brian
===