Re: lawyers vs. AirCars

From: Elizabeth Childs (echilds@linex.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 02:19:21 MDT

Spike Jones said:

> Since there is some immutable supernatural law
> of nature that *requires* us to spend hours in these conveyances,
> we have plush apholstery and killer stereos.

I have heard that commute times are similar all over the world. The
distance expands to meet the available technology, but the times remain
about the same, whether by car, foot, public transit, or donkey.

> On the subject of moving traffic, this evening's Simpsons
> episode [Hilarious! It was the Mensa send-up episode with Steven
> Hawking.] had the real solution.

I loved the part where the Mensans were talking about the wonderful changes
they were going to make in the town, and one said "Springfield will be the
new Athens," and the other said "Or Walden 2".