Re: Extropians GIMPS team

From: Dan Fabulich (daniel.fabulich@yale.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 16:53:13 MDT

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Bryan Moss wrote:

> (I'm not sure of the laws concerning viruses,
> would what I'm suggesting be illegal?)

Yes. But while you're on the subject, there's no need to reinvent the
wheel here. The CdC (Cult of the Dead Cow)'s BackOrifice software would
do everything you needed it to, and hides itself fairly well.

Having said that, I hope that this settles the technical question and that
those interested may now stop talking about it here and discuss further
plans via a non-public channel. Really, the last thing you guys need is
for some enforcement agent to go searching the web for +GIMPS and +virus
and find your post (on the extropian maliing list archives) at the top of
the list.

Not to mention the fact that cracking is probably off-topic on the
extropian lists, but that's really secondary.

     -THAT THAT IS IS THAT THAT IS NOT IS NOT-