Re: Meme trace: origin of "Jupiter-sized brains"? (fwd)

From: Freeman Craig Presson (dhr@iname.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 07:56:16 MDT

On 13 Aug 99, at 19:51, Robert J. Bradbury wrote:
> You can look at the history, to the best of my ability to document it at:
> http://www.aeiveos.com/~bradbury/JupiterBrains/index.html

I was around then and my memory is that Perry was the main
proponent of the idea. I don't think I have any archives; they
either got tossed in a cleanup or lost in one of the two major
computer disasters I've had since then.

And, yes, as a computing professional I certainly should never
get caught like that. Speaking of which, the Disaster Recovery
Plan for a Jupiter Brain would be a very interesting document
indeed ... we probably covered that to some extent at the time.

-- fcp@traveller.com (Freeman Craig Presson)
-- ExI member, geek-at-large, etc.
-- http://www.bhm.tis.net/~fcp/