META: how many Extropians?

From: David McFadzean (david@kumo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 15:46:05 MDT

During the last session at Extro-4, Greg Burch showed a graph
that displayed a fairly steady rise of extropians list subscribers
from ~200 to ~400 over the last couple years. However he didn't take
into account the digests and the regional lists.

Here are the current stats:

    170 exi-bay
     52 exi-can
    130 exi-east
     94 exi-euro
     98 exi-la
     29 exi-midwest
     15 exi-russia
     14 exi-tex
    377 extropians
    376 extropians-digest
    114 extropians-select
     41 extropians-select-d
   1510 total

Of course some people are subscribed to more than one list. When
I remove duplicate addresses from the count I get 1219 unique
e-mail addresses. This estimate may be on the high side because
some people use more than one address. On the other hand, several
of the subscribed addresses appear to be other mailing lists. If
this is the case, I would appreciate it if the owners of the
secondary lists would send me their respective subscriber counts.

Thanks,

--
David McFadzean                 david@kumo.com
special agent                   http://www.kumo.com