RE: Links to scientific studies of homeopathy

From: David Lubkin (lubkin@unreasonable.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 20:09:03 MDT

>Since this means that you are simply drinking ordinary distilled water,
>arguing about supposed effects becomes a bit silly. What is supposed to be
>causing an effect - sympathetic magic?

It is essential in science to *first* get the facts and then decide what they mean.
The many double-blind studies (and other evidence) says there are facts. If
they don't fit our theories, then our theories are inadequate.

I don't know why it works. And as I've said, I am not convinced by the theories
I've seen. But take a look for yourself. Some of the web links point to theories
that are at least as reasonable as Tipler's (who never persuaded me either).