Re: IA vs. AI was: longevity vs singularity

From: Gina Miller (nanogirl@halcyon.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 00:40:09 MDT

Paul Hughes wrote:

As far as I'm concerned I have little
use for Hans Moravec, Marvin Minsky and other
AI afficiando's that most people here worship
as heroes. Besides, Marvin Minsky in person
can be the most contemptous person in the
room. His behavior at Extro 3 only pushes
my point home that many of the AI researchers
do *not* have our best interest in mind.

~I missed Extro 3, can you elaborate on this Minsky characterization?

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
Web:
http://www.nanoindustries.com