Book recommendation (maybe)

From: David Lubkin (lubkin@unreasonable.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 23:11:04 MDT

I heard an hour-long radio interview this morning with Francis Fukayama, whose latest
book, _The Great Disruption: Human Nature and the Reconstitution of Social Order_,
sounds up our alley -- in the introduction, he credits Neal Stephenson, and on the air
he talked about Hayek, spontaneous order, and evolutionary psychology.

It's essentially a theoretical and practical framework for predicting social change, which
sums down to "Human nature will win out." I haven't read the book yet, though, so the
recommendation is tentative. He's a good enough speaker and he said enough of the
right buzzwords for me to want to pick up a copy and check it out.

-- David Lubkin.

lubkin@unreasonable.com || Unreasonable Software, Inc. || www.unreasonable.com
a trademark of USI: