Timeless quotes

From: J. R. Molloy (jr@shasta.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 15:55:09 MDT

From: Alintelbot@aol.com <Alintelbot@aol.com>
>And don't call me a Mars Face "believer." I don't "believe" anything about
>the Mars Face; I _think_ that it deserves more attention. Belief is the
last
>resort of people who don't have the guts to think for themselves.

"Man's most valuable trait is a judicious sense of what not
to believe."

        - Euripides

"To have doubted one's own first principles is the mark of a
civilized man."

        - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

"I respect faith but doubt is what gets you an education."

        - Wilson Mizner

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large
deposit in my name at a Swiss bank."

        - Woody Allen

"Belief is the last resort of people who don't have the guts to think for
themselves."

        -Alintelbot