Re: POLI: Encouraging Tax Evasion

From: Doug Jones (random@qnet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 18:23:21 MDT

Michael S. Lorrey wrote:

> Legally, only US Citizens who are one or more of the following:
>
> a) federal employees
> b) federal benificiaries (loans, welfare, SSI, fed. retirement, etc)
> c) officers of corporations
> d) maintain accounts in federally insured financial institutions
>
> are actually mandated by the federal tax code to pay income tax. All
> others are not liable for tax, but can volunteer to pay. Under the new
> Taxpayers Bill of Rights Act, since the burden of proof is now on the
> taxman to prove you made $xxxxxx, moving business and financial
> activities is an excellent practical way for you to shelter things.

Of course, if Michael is correct, it's item (d) that's the kicker-
essentially everyone in America has one or more accounts in
federally insured institutions. Where o where can can I get a
non-FDIC account?

I betcha all credit unions, savings & loans, banks, etc are required
to have federal insurance to be licensed, and without a license
they'd get raided and shut down in a heartbeat- so there's your
catch-22.

The three laws of thermodynamics as a rigged card game:
1) You can't win
2) You can't break even
3) You can't get out of the game

--