Re: Malfunctions of the mind

From: Ken Meyering (ken@define.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 21:35:21 MDT

"Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com> wrote:

> Someday, when drugs are developed that can temporarily induce
> schizophrenia or similar disorders, with an absolute guarantee of no
> long-term side effects, I'd like to try it out - very briefly -

What will be the exit strategies of a holographic first-person
recording system with fidelity enough to include conscious
experience?

Strange Days-Brainstorm-Virtuosity: Drink the water now you're wired
with too-precise-to-notice scanning, recording and playback.

When you're experiencing another person's direct experience, how do
you still "identify" with you're real self?

ken@define.com