Re: Re. Alien abuctions and supertechnology

From: Anders Sandberg (asa@nada.kth.se)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 08:49:53 MDT

"Michael S. Lorrey" <mike@lorrey.com> writes:

> > There's a meme running through the UFO counterculture that describes this as
> > the effect of gravitational warping. Theoretically, UFOs distort spacetime
> > in order to fly, using gravitational lenses to focus on a particular point,
> > which they _draw toward them_. This way, there is no contradiction with
> > physical laws; the UFOs aren't even really "flying," per se.
>
> Show me some crash debris or other usable proof. I have not seen to date anything
> which would support such hypotheses. Don't get me wrong. I would truly love it if
> we are being visited, but the proof is not there.

Wouldn't this show up *very* clearly on all gravity wave detectors
across the world? After all, the curvatures involved would be on the
orders of kilometers, which equates to stellar masses.

Anders Sandberg Towards Ascension!
asa@nada.kth.se http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/
GCS/M/S/O d++ -p+ c++++ !l u+ e++ m++ s+/+ n--- h+/* f+ g+ w++ t+ r+ !y