Re: Ancestral Extropians?

From: Robert J. Bradbury (bradbury@aeiveos.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 18:43:00 MDT

> Mark Phillips <clay8@hotmail.com> wrote

> I'm curious, though, as to precisely what, in your judgment,
> female proto-transhumanist memes consist of, as distinguished
> from male-originated memes.

It would be more useful (IMHO), to differentiate between
"created" memes and "inherited" memes. Inherited memes
(male or female) are the result of a natural selection
"agenda" which we have never (historically) influenced.

A more fundamental question becomes whether males *and*
females can divorce themselves from their non-chosen
genetic programs and write their own script or whether
we will remain shadows or offspring of those unconsciously
derived agendas?

A few years ago, I seem to recall an article about a
scientist discovering a branch of fungi which had
a dozen or more "sexes".

Why do we have to confine ourselves to perspectives
"tainted" by the genetic tree we happen to currently
be in?

Robert Bradbury