Re: Ancestral Extropians?

From: Mark Phillips (clay8@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 17:17:38 MDT

Dear Natasha (and everyone else):

I've been away for a while, and am now trying to play a little catch-up.
Your point(s), Natasha, is(are) well-taken. I'm curious, though, as to
precisely what, in your judgment, female proto-transhumanist memes consist
of, as distinguished from male-originated memes.

As for female "Ancestral [proto-]Extropians," well there's Ursula K. LeGuin,
perhaps Marilyn Ferguson, arguably Barbara Marx Hubbard, the more-or-less
libertarian feminist Valentyne LeClaire...that's about all I can think of
right off the top, but it's a start!!