Re: RE. Extropian/Transhuman music... Where?

From: E. Shaun Russell (e_shaun@uniserve.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 21:04:26 MDT

Alintelbot wrote:

>Damned if I know what extropian music would be... Personally, I find
>so-called "space-creating" music very inspiring and beautiful in a way that
>might be called "transhuman."
>[...]

        This discussion has taken place on this list numerous times in the
past, most recently in mid-December, and before that in early August. You
may want to check the archives.

        The general consensus at that time was that there is a dichotomy
between subjectivity and objectivity: music that extropians like and music
written by extropians. As a musician myself, I will submit that my own
compositions would not be collectively liked by all extropians;
additionally, the amount of styles in which I write (mostly instrumental)
would make it hard for any one person to like all of my music. However, I
am an extropian, and therefore, in a sense I write "extropian" music. On
the other side of the coin, music listening is extremely subjective...one
might as well discuss the uniformity of "extropian" taste in clothing.

E. Shaun Russell Musician, Extropian, ExI Member
Kineticize your potential. http://www.extropy.com