Re: Emotion Selection

From: CloningEwe@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 13:47:27 MDT

In a message dated 7/2/99 11:06:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kpj@sics.se
writes:

<< 0. If I can replace the emotion FEAR with a "WARNING: DANGER" function
which
    works as fast (=at a low level) as FEAR does, then I would replace it. I
    regard any person irresponsible who simply removes FEAR without replacing
    it with some other safeguard.

I really don't know how necessary a warning would be at this point in my
life, I would rather be clear on how to handle the situation rather than have
to sort through fear in a split second decision. For example I really don't
think I would need a warning to tell me not to jump off a building. I feel
somewhat self assured that somewhere in my mind I would be able to say to
myself "Jumping off this building could be counter productive." So I have
very little reservations in loosing fear. I would be more worried about
loosing the adrenaline that comes with fear.

Eric Peterson