Re: sex vs sleep

From: hal@finney.org
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 11:02:06 MDT

Freeman Craig Presson, <dhr@iname.com>, writes:
> In the late 70s, I worked with a proto-transhumanist kinda fellow who went
> by his initials (dib).
> [...]
> Definitely a fun guy to work with. I lost track of him -- would be interesting
> to find out what he's into now.

I wonder if this might be David I. Bell, whom I went to college with and
who would have graduated around 1976. He was a very sharp guy and one of
the best programmers among us, writing many utilities which we all used.

He has since done some very nice work with cellular automata, finding
new patterns in Conway's Life game and exploring related CA rules.
His web page is at http://www.tip.net.au/~dbell/.

Hal