RE: HUMOR: Uploading Purity Test

From: Christopher Whipple (CWhipple@alliancecenters.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 15:26:51 MDT

I suppose if you took the viewpoint of a child - I /did/ start out as
something other than a mortal human. At that age, the concept of human vs.
other life form hadn't quite taken hold, much less the restraints of
mortality.

In some of my more rambunctious times, I revert back to that feeling of
childhood where I don't have to think of mortality - but work, finances,
society - sicknesses - always do worry me back to my mortal existence.

Just an observation.

@Christopher Whipple

-----

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

(Note: "Have you ever carked yourself back into a mortal human?"
doesn't count unless you started out as something else. "Do you
consider yourself to be the "same"...do you not care" doesn't count
unless you've actually moved from one substrate to another at some
point. And "Have you lived more than a subjective century?" doesn't
count the marriage multiplier, even if your mother-in-law moves in with
you.)

--
           sentience@pobox.com          Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
        http://pobox.com/~sentience/tmol-faq/meaningoflife.html