Re: What's the latest at RR

From: S.J. Van Sickle (sjvan@csd.uwm.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 10:02:34 MDT

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Doug Jones wrote:

> I'd say our plans are pretty obvious. For now, I have some
> electronics consulting work, an interview this week at
> Marconi/Tracor, and I'm working on an SBIR proposal. (I don't have
> Walt Anderson's religious aversion to government contracts :)

Assuming you couldn't use any RR proprietary stuff, how about the little
positive displacement pump engines Lawrence-Livermore worked on? You
could build a slick little 2 person or one person/one experiment rack vtvl
for a lot less than even RR is spending for the scientific and
barnstorming market. Or even just sell the engines to homebuilt aircraft
and HPR enthusiasts. Zoom!!!

steve