Re: Windows to block unwanted messages

From: Ralph Lewis (rlewis@csulb.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 17:19:45 MDT

Eugene, you are right if cripto is legal. BUT in the United State there is
currently a real battle going on to push for laws that would give the
government the escrow keys to any electronic media.

>How do you supposed to find this out if the traffic is crypted at IP
>level and multiple transparently forwarding proxies are used? What's
>the point of pushing an unenforcible legislation.

I wish you were correct here, unfortunately this has never stopped any
stupid legislation in the US.

Which is why I have basically given up on the two parties and will vote
libertarian unless one of the candidates from the main parties gives me
something to vote for.

Best Ralph

Ralph Lewis, Professor of Management and Human Resources
College of Business
California State University, Long Beach
Long Beach, California
rlewis@csulb.edu http://www.csulb.edu/~rlewis