Re: Ancestral Extropians?

From: Randy (cryon@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 00:31:54 MDT

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:34:54 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>> >Don't you dare apologize, Mr. Harris. While I and many other more
>> >rational men have a great respect for the minds and talents of women,
>> >the attitude you describe /does/ exist, and your simple, honest
>> >reporting of that fact is far more likely to lead to solutions than
>> >is Natasha's misplaced indignation.
>>
>> Yes, do apologize Mr. Harris! And, as for Mr. Crocker, unfortunatley he
>> reiterates your generalization. Indignation? This seems to be your own
>> emotion Mr. Crocker -:)
>
>I certainly admit to indignation (I've never had a problem with it,
>properly applied), but I made no generalization whatsoever, and
>neither did Mr. Harris. All we did is honestly report on a belief
>common in society. I don't hold that belief, nor do I respect that
>belief, but I respect even less the desire to deny unpleasant
>realities. You may speculate all you want as to my motives--I
>believe that facts are more important than motives. If you think
>I have my facts wrong, then say so and tell me why.

I side with Mr Crocker on this issue, and I think his reasoning in
defense of Rob was sound.

Rob's opinion was, I thought, a bit of an exaggeration of a viewpoint
that is not all that uncommon (although few who see it that way would
ever own up to it).

Natasha's response to Rob was a great example of --- I can't put it
any other way--programming. We are programmed to respond to certain
situations in certain ways. George Carlin's recent rants on the
hypocrisy of American mourning regarding Littleton gives an
interesting insight on all this.

Randy
Cryonics: Gateway to the Future?
http://www.mindspring.com/~cryon/cryonics/cryopage1.html