Question from Wired magazine

From: Alex Heard (aheard@wired.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 00:05:51 MDT

Greetings, Extropians, this is Alex Heard ... I'm an editor at Wired
magazine. We're planning an issue on futurism for later this year. The
basic idea is to look at various future-y things we all want but don't have
yet -- life extension, citizens-in-space, better computers, personal flying
machines, teleporting, head transplants* -- and unapologetically ask: Why
don't we have them and when the heck are we getting them?

We're trying to combine a sense of fun with serious reporting about these
topics. If you have a chance, please email me here or at aheard@wired.com
to discuss things you'd like to see in the issue, suggest ideas, sources,
other people we should talk to, etc. Our hope is not to redo the same old
ideas, but come up with things that will seem fresh and interesting to
people like you, who think about these issues more intelligently than most
people.

I look forward to hearing from you ...

Sin cerely,

Alex Heard