Re: Homosexual proto-extropians?

From: Harvey Newstrom (newstrom@newstaffinc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 21:38:13 MDT

Statistically speaking (using Kinsey's famous statistics), 10% of the
population is totally gay. About 30% is mostly gay or bisexual. About
two-thirds have had at least on gay experience. Depending on how you define
gay, it is not that rare.

Given these statistics, it would not be "interesting" if any of the various
writers who have influenced our beliefs are thought to have been homosexual.
It would be "interesting" if there weren't that many gay proto-extropians.

Speaking of statistics, gays are over-represented in the fields of
philosophy, literature, art, genius, internet usage, computer-related
fields, hackers, and in higher education. I would guess that this would
increase the number of gay proto-extropians even more.

--
Harvey Newstrom <mailto://newstrom@newstaffinc.com> <http://newstaffinc.com>
Author, Consultant, Engineer, Legal Hacker, Researcher, Scientist.