Homosexual proto-extropians?

From: Ron Kean (ronkean@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 20:37:27 MDT

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:58:36 -0700 (PDT) dalec@socrates.berkeley.edu
writes:
>I have always thought it very significant that the very first
>sentences
>transmitted electrically, by Alexander Graham Bell to Thomas Watson,
>were,
>"Watson, come here. I want you."
> Best, Dale

The electric telegraph long predates Bell's telephone. The first long
distance electric telegraph line, connecting Washington, DC with
Baltimore MD, was financed by a $30,000 congressional appropriation and
was completed in 1838, I think. The first official message, tapped out
by Samuel F. B. Morse, I think, was 'What hath God wrought?'

Ron Kean

.

.

.