Re: George Will on post-humanism

From: CountZero (count_zero@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 16:19:01 MDT

'When it's time to railroad.......'

I think thoughtful people are awakening to the possibilities
(inevitability's?) of our technology.

As an aside, I'm a bit confused by two aspects of the current list
activity, the G*N flamewar and the (thankfully short lived) race
flamewar.
With most list members actively planning to entirely leave the range of
normal variability of our entire _species_ what possible difference does
race make.
And, as we discuss technologies that we confidently expect will empower
individuals in areas that only nation states currently walk why is there
debate over hand g*ns?

Ban me if you will but I think these are valid questions with
implications that should be thought provoking though not flame
provoking.