Re: An Interesting Poll

From: Chuck Kuecker (ckuecker@mcs.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 18:38:11 MDT

I started smoking a pipe in high school - just to be 'different', as all
the tough kids were cigarette smokers. Enjoyed the taste of maybe one
pipeful out of four - the others were too 'hot' or stale tasting. Never got
hooked, don't know why. Never felt any effects from smoking; perhaps I
never did it enough to actually build up an effective concentration of
nicotine. Quit when my first kid was born. At my peak, I maybe smoked five
pipefuls per year.