Re: META: re: Improving the Extropians list

From: Chuck Kuecker (ckuecker@mcs.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 16:51:11 MDT

At 09:03 AM 6/16/99 -0700, Elizabeth Childs wrote:

>Gina Miller posts more than three times a day, and it's all signal. If
>for some reason people decide this is a good idea, I suggest tacking on
>the end "except nanogirl".

Arbitrary limits by number are the essence of an overfed bureauacracy.
Please don't succumb to the temptation.

Good taste, on the other hand, such as minimizing quotes, avoiding personal
attacks, and just plain 'etiquette' goes a long way toward making the list
enjoyable for all. If someone has a personal bone to pick with another list
subscriber, PLEASE do it off the list...