Re: Smoking [Was: An interesting poll]

From: KPJ (kpj@sics.se)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 02:31:49 MDT

It appears as if Scott Badger <wbadger@psyberlink.net> wrote:

|> What percentage of extropians, being fully aware of the lifspan-
|> truncating effects of tobacco use, nevertheless contine to use it,
|> and why?
|
|The most interesting thing about this poll so far is that only smokers have
|responded. I will break the pattern. Quit a pack and 1/2/day habit 7-8
|years ago.

I do not smoke tobacco, and have never had a nicotine addiction, but
have tried nicotine patches (14mg/patch) to study the nicotine effects.
The smell of tobacco smoke disgusts me.

I would suggest smokers to use a water pipe as, according to a study, it
filters away various obnoxious substances from the smoke. (Any THC smokers
might wish to know that it also dilutes the cannabinol contents in the
smoke, if present.)