Re: Flat Tax.

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 16:47:15 MDT

> [Raymond G. Van De Walker] favors a single tax on real-estate...

Yes, but this constitutes a devastating form of double taxation for those
who struggled, earned and paid brutally high income taxes for many years
to purchase a choice property for their low income declining years
only to find that (surprise!) they must sell out and go... where?

While I am not arguing that the income and sales tax are *fair*
I might argue that these are the ones that are most collectable.
spike