Re: Flat Tax.

From: Raymond G. Van De Walker (rgvandewalker@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 00:40:55 MDT

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 06:40:33 -0500 Chuck Kuecker <ckuecker@mcs.net>
writes:
>Let's scrap ALL the taxes, and the bureaucracies that go with them -
>replace with an universal sales tax

Historically, people cheat when it gets much above 10% of the sales
price. The U.S. gov currently takes about 51% of my corp's budget, as
allocated to human resources expenses, after all taxes, sales taxes, etc.
are paid, assuming that the employess spend it all, and save nothing.

This is why the VAT was invented: To hide the sales tax.

I favor a single tax on real-estate, because protecting real-estate is
the only value that I'm certain that only government could create. Also,
this tax therefore cannot punish consumption by poor people, and only
punishes relatively well-off land-owners. At the same time, it punishes
inefficient use of land.

>Any budget surplus should either be refunded to the people . . .
Period, in my opinion. I want to keep the interest on my _own_trust
fund, thank-you.