Re: Fear of Guns Vs. Fear of No Guns

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 23:13:42 MDT

In a message dated 6/7/99 12:09:15 PM Central Daylight Time, jamesr@best.com
writes:

> have no problem with having Proof of Competence being a prerequisite to
> buying a gun, because it is fairly obvious from the above example that some
> people need it.

Now that sounds like an excellent idea.

Perhaps we might even have a proof of competence test for other aspects of
life as well?

Only one minor problem though...who is going to administer said test? Are
the administrators themselves competent? Is the test valid? What's to keep
such a "tool" from being used for personal or political advantage?

EvMick
Edinberg Tx.