Re: Life Expectancy

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 12:42:45 MDT

Scott, it would be interesting to compare the results of the LE
calculator with the longevity quotient I suggested a couple
weeks ago (during the hottest phase of the g*n battle).

One's l.q. is the average of your parents' l.q. One's l.q. is
one's age at death, assuming natural causes, otherwise one's
l.q. stays the average of the parents'. If one (or one's parent)
is older than the parent's average l.q, use the larger number.

With just those 3 rules alone, one should be able to calculate
his or her l.q. Does something like this already exist?
How is it calculated? If one wished to identify a good
candidate for DNA selection to optimize long life, how
else would one do so? spike