RE: META: List discipline -- look out for ruling by Greg Burch

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 09:07:08 MDT

Rob Harris Cen-IT [Rob.Harris@bournemouth.gov.uk] wrote:
>Might this be a bad idea? Do you want people that just accept, no thought?
>The fact that they are old ideas does not make them 100% correct and
>valid.....Plus, debate on the basics helps to clear up misconceptions at
>this level....misconceptions which would be greatly increased if debate on
>the basics was made out of bounds.........

To be frank, I have a hard time understanding why people are on this list
if they don't agree with the Extropian Principles; and if they did, there
would be little reason for people to argue about basics. There are various
other lists where people can discuss the merits of transhuman police states
or forcibly reprogramming people into the nice little drones of 'Happy
Fluffy World'.

Personally I think I'm going to drop out for a while and check the archives
occasionally to see if anything's improved.

    Mark