Re: Shooting of Japanese student did happen

From: Doug Jones (random@qnet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 08:24:37 MDT

QueeneMUSE@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/9/99 4:50:10 AM, you wrote:
>
> > End of story, anything less is negligence,
> >and the owner should be held accountable, at least civilly. Suing the
> >manufacturer for the stupidity, laziness, or cowardliness of the
> >legal owner is ludicrous.
>
> What about smart guns?

Yeah, riiiiiight. Look no further than a desktop computer to see
just how stupid a smart gun would be. The intelligence belongs on
the human side of the trigger, and there is no substitute for that
at this time.

How's this for a nightmare? A smart gun running under a Microsoft
OS...

I've designed computers for a living, I have little faith in their
use in life-or-death situations- even in space launch vehicle
applications.

--
Doug Jones, Rocket Plumber
Rotary Rocket Company