Re: STORY: The Transhumanist Racist

From: Robin Hanson (hanson@econ.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 11:40:00 MDT

On 6/8/99, Anders S. penned:
>... here at the Annual Racist Conference ... My research clearly
>shows the superiority of the white race on many measures:
>intelligence, certain aspects of physical stamina, personality
>factors and overall attractiveness." [... audience cheers] ...
>"Using the technologies we have developed, it will not just become
>possible to cure blacks, asians and liberals, but to make them into
>superior races." [stunned silence, then pandemonium. ...]

Delightful story Anders! Now what I most want to know is
what such an audience's reaction would actually be. For all I
know about such people, they might be *more* receptive to this
message than a gathering of anti-racists.

Robin Hanson
hanson@econ.berkeley.edu http://hanson.berkeley.edu/
RWJF Health Policy Scholar FAX: 510-643-8614
140 Warren Hall, UC Berkeley, CA 94720-7360 510-643-1884
after 8/99: Assist. Prof. Economics, George Mason Univ.