RE: iqtest.com

From: O'Regan, Emlyn (Emlyn.ORegan@actew.com.au)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 22:45:20 MDT

> ----------

As I said in a previous post, I asked someone (without stopping the clock)
what the number of ounces in a pound was. I figured that it was for a
culture where people know that, so that's not really cheating.

> With that windage, though, I came out about right. I tend to
> do poorly on Qs that require strong visualisation, because my brain just
> doesn't do it. Luckily, that's why we have pencils and paper (forbidden by
> the test parameters).
>
> Damien Broderick

I counted on my fingers and drew pictures in the air (quickly!). Is that a
no-no, ie: are you presumed to be a brain in a jar? Quarters, nickels, and
dimes had my fingers flying furiously (even if you take your shoes off, you
still can't count to 90).

Emlyn the human abacus