POLITICS: McDonalds & War

From: Michael S. Lorrey (mike@lorrey.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 16:21:48 MDT

I've frequently heard the maxim that the greatest force for peace in the world is
MacDonalds fast food. Apparently no country with a MacDonalds has ever attacked
another country with a MacDonalds, until now. Yugoslavia has several MacDonalds
restaurants, however it has been said that since the Sarajevo Olympics the balkan
Big Macs have had a different recipe for the special sauce, which makes this the
biggest punishment for violation of franchise rules I have ever seen. So, a note to
you other countries: pay attention to your franchise recipes!!! See what changing
them gets you?

Mike Lorrey