Re: Omega Point, Singularity

From: Mark Phillips (clay8@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 06 1999 - 14:34:12 MDT

Your speculations about (as I interpret you) galaxies and galactic clusters
being, if not strictly "living" then nonetheless quasi-alive, as well as the
cosmos as a whole, is quite interesting. The late Fred Wesson has a book
called *Cosmos & MetaCosmos* (OpenCourt) which flirts with this, as does
some recent stuff by Dave Deutsch (See his *The Fabric of Reality*,
Penguin/Allan Lane), and of course there's Peter Russell's stuff (highly
recommended) and, of course, the granddaddy is none other than Alfie N.
Whitehead. As RAW (i.e., Robert Anton Wilson) said years ago in his classic
*Cosmic Trigger*:
SOMETHING'S going on---there certainly seems to be some sort of
quasi-intentionality going. And, no, this is not just a re-hash of Bergson
or McTaggart. Wesson (op.cit.) goes into this well, and see also George
Leonard's *The Silent Pulse.* Also important is Saul_paul Sirag's stuff on
hyperspatial geometry/topology (Which is, admittedly damn near above MY
head anyway---I'm treading water as I read it---but it's still damn
interesting stuff. (Sorry I don't have this exact cite, but I'll dig it up
and post it later)

Thank you very much for YOUR contribution; I hope you find the bibliographic
rifs useful.

And thank all of you for reading this---or if you deleted it w/o reading
it--woops, oh well!

Best regards to all,

MCP Beyond Eutopia---Toward (Meta)Cosmic Horizons!