Re: Better people

From: Cynthia (cyn386@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jun 06 1999 - 10:46:27 MDT

> > 1. Some people are much better/smarter than other people.
>
> Smarter does not equal better. Stalin was smart, but that didn't make
> him a force for good.

That is true. But when I spoke of people being better, I didn't mean
morally better. I meant better able to be responsible members of society.

And remember, without the legions of dim wits who followed Stalin, he
would have been harmless. Dim witted people often can't take care of
themselves, don't learn from their mistakes, aren't good at resolving
problems, and they often cause great harm without ever realizing it.