"Holy Hooters of Long Beach, Batman" was teasers and sour dates,... or something

From: Jeff Davis (jdavis@socketscience.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 1999 - 22:40:49 MDT

Sextropians,

Apparently,

Ralph Lewis, Professor of Management and Human Resources College of Business
California State University, Long Beach
Long Beach, California,

wrote:

>Most of the women in the gym I go to would do some real damage if they hit
a guy.

Aaaah, to be reduced to quivering jelly by the leggy bronzed hard-bodies of
Long Beach. (He mused wistfully.) "I swear, they never laid a hand on me,
your Honor, though Heidi's erect and barely concealed nipples could be
considered deadly weapons in the wrong hands."

Makes you wonder, what sort of arrested development here on the flextropian
list could conjure up a thread about dysfunctional mating rituals, the
face-slapping of jerks, and a taser-zapping finale to dinner and a brush-off.

But, oh, the ageless verities. It's still the same old story, a fight for
love and glory, a case of goo or ai. (Thank you, Damien.)

Reminds me of an incident from my army days. One of the guys in my platoon
got hauled off by the MP's one Saturday night, after he got drunk and
started throwing rocks at the women's barracks.

At formation the next morning, Top (that's our first sargeant, or "top"
sargeant), a short, pudgy black guy, kind of like a black Rodney
Dangerfield, one of that blessed breed of men (and women), the natural
amateur comedian in our midst, who brings a smile to the face of all within
earshot, and never one to cast aside a comedic nugget--Top sought the help
of any who might have influence with our wayward comrade-in-arms, any who
might help to cure him of his errant ways, any who might bring him back
into the fold as it were, and so, Top urged us to speak to him and set him
straight:

"Somebody needs to tell Razzle Dazzle,"

The soldier's name was Randazzo, but Top always referred to him as Razzle
Dazzle,

"that he ain't gonna get any by throwin' rocks at it."

                        Best, Jeff Davis

           "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                                        Ray Charles