RE: A film to be seen and a need for advice

From: Billy Brown (ewbrownv@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 1999 - 22:38:04 MDT

On Thursday, June 03, 1999 7:15 PM, Brent Allsop [SMTP:allsop@fc.hp.com]
wrote:
> Any other (ex)Mormon extropians out there?
>
> Brent Allsop

I was a Mormon for most of my teenage years. I left the church at age 16,
when I started studying other religions (past and present) and realized I
couldn't find any reason to choose one creed over the others. It took me a
couple more years of inquiry to really make up my mind about theology and
religion, at which point I embraced the rational view of reality. It was a
much slower process than such things usually are for me, but at least I
managed to avoid the 'bitter atheist' syndrome I've seen so often.

Billy Brown
ewbrownv@mindspring.com